According to an article in Glamour Magazine website, this are ten things you should be aware when planning your wedding:
- Get your marriage license.
- Print Directions From the Wedding Ceremony to the Reception.
- It is your wedding; voice your opinion when planning. It is your wedding and should reflect your personality, taste and vision. If the wedding planner does not have your input she won’t know what you want.
- Maintain perspective when wedding planning. It’s easy to get caught up in all the little things because you want [your wedding day] to be perfect, but the little things don’t matter because you’re marrying the person you love.
- Unless you want to hear others weight in, keep most of wedding details a secret. Everybody is going to have an opinion or idea that they want you to implement into your wedding and will be angry/crushed/humiliated when you decline. When someone ask about your wedding, just smile and say, “Oh, I really can’t say. It’s a surprise!”.
- Do your regular morning routine before you put on the wedding dress.
- Pad your wedding budget. When budgeting for your wedding, take all your estimates of what you’d think something would normally cost and double it.
- Hire a wedding planner. A good wedding planner is worth her weight in gold!
- Remember that a bigger wedding doesn’t necessarily mean a better wedding.
Well, what do you think? Agree? Disagree? Let us know!