Planning a destination wedding can be a daunting task when you do not know the place. That is why we get a lot of questions about local wedding venues.
Being a tropical paradise we do have lots of incredible places for weddings., specially if you want a beach wedding.
Have you heard the term “location, location, location”, well, it does apply equally well or even more important to weddings. The right venue can turn your dreams into a reality or into a nightmare. In my opinion, fifty percent of good wedding images is due to the right location. It will inspire romance, elegance and passion.
Here is a list of my top 10 favorite wedding venues in Puerto Rico.
- El Conquistador Resort, Fajardo, Puerto Rico, has one of the most spectacular views in Puerto Rico with ultimate luxury. It is truly a world apart. The food is top in Puerto Rico having won many culinary awards. In my opinion, the most beautiful place to have a wedding in Puerto Rico.
- Ritz-Carlton, San Juan Hotel, Spa & Casino, San Juan. It has a glamorous and vintage feel and look to it with an incredible service and food. You can have the wedding under the gazebo and your reception under the stars right at the beach with a fantastic gourmet BB-Q. It has one thing that El Conquistador lacks, it is next to the airport and right in the middle of everything.
- Hotel El Convento, Old San Juan. For a very unique Old World experience there is nothing like Old San Juan. Right in the middle of Old San Juan with its over 500 years of history, El Convento is located across the second oldest cathedral in the New World, La Catedral de San Juan. Many choose to marry at the Cathedral and cross the streets to celebrate at El Convento. Beautiful reception rooms in deep colonial woods and black, black and white floors and big chandeliers. Great food also.
- El Gran Meliá Resort, Rio Grande. Puerto Rico resort of distinct elegance, explorative in size, and secluded to a verdant swath of land along Puerto Rico’s northeastern coast in Coco Beach. Gran Meliá Puerto Rico Resort is a bold utopia of tropical flora and fauna, and sophisticated architecture; swallowed by the turquoise waters of the Atlantic.
- El San Juan Hotel & Casino, San Juan, is the ultimate in Old World elegance. One of the oldest grand hotels in Puerto Rico has a unique elegance. The hotel is nested along one of the most beautiful beaches in Puerto Rico.
- La Concha, A Renaissance Resort, Condado, is another excellent spot for wedding. If your are looking for the grand ballroom elegance experience amid a modern, fashionable hotel, La Concha is the place. Recently renovated, la Concha has a lot of history as one of the prominent local and international artist venue.
- Castillo Serralles, Ponce. This arquitectural marvel was the residence of the Serralles family, ownders of Don Q rum. Now is a museums and is a very popular and sought after wedding venue. Sitting high above the city of Ponce, the castle is surrounded by beautiful gardens and an incredible view.
- Rincón of the Seas, Grand Caribbean Hotel, Rincón. One of the best kept secrets, the Rincón of the Seas, hides in one of the most beautiful beaches and spectacular sunsets in Puerto Rico. Rincón, located in Puerto Rico west coast, is well known as a surfing paradise and for its breathtaking sunsets. If you want to get away from the main cities, and desire a quite, romantic, yet all the amenities you expect from a major resort, the Rincón of the Seas is the place.
- Casa España, San Juan, is one of Puerto Rico high society favorite wedding venues. It has an authentic spanish-morish arquitecture and flavor that it will transport you to colonial times. It was built in 1932 to house a private civic and cultural organization composed of Spanish citizens living in Puerto Rico. Just plain romantic and beautiful.
- San Juan Water and Beach Club. This chic, hip, luxurious boutique hotel is located in Isla Verde. If you want to get away from big, busy hotels but still be near everything, this is the spot for you.
Rincón Beach Resort is perfect for small get away weddings; Caribe Hilton is one of the legendary hotels in Puerto Rico and enjoys one of the most beautiful spots in San Juan; The Normandy offers a unique explendor of the luxurious ‘40s, you will feel like traveling in the Queen May; and the Intercontinental Hotel is the perfect spot for large, grand ballroom type of weddings; El Hotel Guajataca is one of the oldest paradores in Puerto Rico, it has a nice ocean view but has a small reception area;